roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years of retail operations working on all vehicles.
3506196

I pushed the emergency brake pedal and now the release won't

Customer Question

I pushed the emergency brake pedal and now the release won't work.
JA: When it comes to solving emergency brake issues, getting the right information makes all the difference. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I pushed the emergency brake pedal and now it's stuck. The release won't work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can. I'm stuck in a parking lot
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: This is my mom's car. She just told me not to press the emergency brake but out of habit I accidentally did
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist there is a manual release under the right side by the pedal you pushed. you will need to look down under the left side of the dash to find the lever. pull the lever toward you and it should release Roy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's what I pulled and it won't release
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I pulled the manual release and it still won't release
pull up on the pedal while pulling the release
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm pulling the release which has a P with a line thru it and the brake pedal. Is that right?
not the brake pedal you use to stop the car, the pedal for the e brake.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeah I'm pulling the e brake pedal and the level with a P with line through it
if that does not release it then one of the cables under the car is frozen holding on the brake. not something that is easy or can be done without lifting the car and finding the one that has seized Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy