virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience on both import and domestic vehicles

Cadillac Deville: I have a 2002 cadillac deville. The 3prong

Customer Question

I have a 2002 cadillac deville. The 3prong connector connecting to the a/c blower is broken and appears that the center and the left prong shorted. I heard a pop and smelled smoke. Where shall I begin to look
I am not sure but it seems like the pop came out of the multi (blue) connector
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your AC. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
So the pop would of came from one of two places. The actually place of crossing. I.E. The connector on the blower motor. Or more likely the fuse for the blower motor. Look at it first. However fix the short before replacing it.
If the connector to the motor is melted or broken, replace it with a pigtail for it. However if it shorted else where you will see evidence of it by either frayed wires, melted connector or black residue from the arc.
Let me know if you need further assistance.Thanks