camerontech, diagnostic auto tech
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech

Cadillac srx: 2005 srx roaring when you are acellerating

Customer Question

2005 srx rearend roaring when you are acellerating but when it is coasting there is no noise
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  camerontech replied 5 months ago.
hi thereim cam,a licenced techthese models are bad for the rear transfer case seals leaking and burning out the transfer case assembly.inspect the oil level and seals. if its run low, than it needs to be replaced as the damage is already might have to run it on a hoist to pinpoint the noise, but the acceleration grinding noise ive heard a few times and its been a bad case every time
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is more of a high pitch sound than a growl or roar. it only does this when acellerating, when you are coasting or riddin with no input to the rearend it is quite.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
does this rearend have a crush collar to adjust the clerance between penion and ring gear?
this is why im pointing towards the case.when you accelerate, it puts the load on a different set of bearings than when you can also get the opposite when you decel you get a whine. than this would be the opposite bearings recommend putting it on a hoist and checking the steals and fluid levelsi have never dissaembled one of these before as it would be more expensive to repair it than replace itso a crush collar replacment would not affect the issue if the bearing has damage to it from low fluid
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how much should a used rearend cost in SC?
my cost from the scrapyards have been $500 used, and have sold them for $750, as this seems to be the going price for a decent used usefull tool that i have which i have used to pinpoint this is called "engine ear". its sensors that clamp on to various parts and you can listed to it while inside the car.some tech have them, a little pricey but they work great. if you can find a shop with something like this, it can help
hi there,how did your repair go?please take a moment to rate me, as it is important for my page!thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!cam