Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Cadillac SRX: ,12 cadillac SRX idles roughly sometimes.

Customer Question

12 cadillac SRX idles roughly sometimes.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Any warning lights on?Is this occurring with the engine cold or hot?Idles low or high or it goes up and down?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No warning lights. When car is at a stop light or sign it idle roughly noticeable in brake pedal. Some times it actually surges a nanosecondCould fuel filter cause this problem. No problem with acceleration. Car has 52000 miles. We travel a lot
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Generally when hot
Thanks for the update. My suggestion is to use brake cleaner and a tooth brush to clean the throttle body, then spray clean the MAF sensor. Once done remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute, then reconnect. Give it a 2 day test to see if the idle issues have improved. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Chris. I have car serviced at Cadillac dealer. It has been there 3 times in past two months for this problem. No resolution. I'll suggest your solution, but I'm not confident they will try your suggestion
Thanks for letting me help and thanks for rating my response.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will rate after cad dealer tries solution
Thanks for the update.