sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Speakers just stopped working JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

speakers just stopped working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just out of nowhere my speakers stopped working, the display shows the radio stations but no sound. I pushed the mute button on the steering wheel but the display shows "phone"????????
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: someone online suggested it might be the factory AMP located in the trunk on the left side????
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the radio powers on but there is no sound then you almost surely have an amp issue. It's possible there is no output from the radio but that's much less likely than an amp failure.The problem could be a loss of power or ground to the amp, the amp may have failed or it could be electrically locked up. If fuses are good then I would recommend a battery disconnect. If that doesn't help then a scan tool should be used to confirm the amp isn't operational. From there it's powers and grounds would need to be tested and if ok then the amp can be condemned.