Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac CTS: Help get my key out of the ignition and start

Customer Question

Help get my key out of the ignition and start my car
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. In allot of cases this fault here is either caused by the battery being weak needing recharged or if faulty needing replaced.The other issue I have seen is the shifter position sensor/solenoid itself not sending a signal that the shifter is in park.This disables starting as well as keeps the key from removing.I would start with the battery being checked unless this has already been done.If o.k. I suspect the shifter solenoid needs replaced on the shifter to correct this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete