Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

The accessory mode won't shut off and if I put my foot on the

Customer Question

The accessory mode won't shut off and if I put my foot on the brake and push the start button it looses all power for a short moment then acc mode comes back on. I've had to disconnect the battery due to this.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if it's an easy fix.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I just bought the car a few days ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of as of yet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prior to disconnecting the battery it would drain it so I would connect jumper cables and it would only take a few minutes then it would start.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what your working on, year, make and model please and please also include as many details as you can relating to the type of problem you are having. Post back when you can and we can work from there.