Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The AC works fine few miles and then the compressor just

Customer Question

The AC works fine for a few miles and then the compressor just stops and it very hot in the car. But when it was working it will bring the temp. down to the mid 40 s the compressor wont start until car is turned off for a few min.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I have worked in the AC field before not so much in auto.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have unplugged the low pressure switch and jumped across the wires I have tried to hook my gages up to the unit was able to read the low side but I need a new quick connect for the hi side
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: I don't know he can ask me any thing he wants
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern. Prior to me getting started I need to know if you still need help even though it took us a long time to get to you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Moose! please call me whenever you're ready. i will be waiting for that.
For me to convert from written chat to a phone call is an additional 26$ fee. Since we may need to do wire testing through diagrams, I feel its best to stay in written format.Can I get the year, make, model?With the AC on is the engine cooling fan running?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris