Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have an Escalade with a bad compressor how can I trick the

Customer Question

I have an Escalade with a bad compressor how can I trick the computer to thinking it's good because I have already bypassed te shocks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 11 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I can assist you
Unfortunately theres no way to disable by programming but they do have kits online that I have installed. Check this out:
http://www.strutmasters.com/products/2007-2013-gm-full-size-suv-suspension-warning-light-fix-module-gc2m/
Theres others too look and see which ones you want.
If i have answered your question please rate me so I can get credit for my time. Thank You.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I know about that. It's too expensive. I have the shocks bypassed already with resistors and there's no code for them. Only code I have is for exhaust on compressor. There's a blue and white wire that can be bypassed, I just need the correct reisistance
Ok im not sure about doing it that way we just install that module. Im going to opt out and maybe someone else can help. Thanks.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.
Hi there. Different expert here.Locate the wires going to exhaust valve on top of the air compressor. Cut the White and the Blue wires and splice in a 25 Watt 3.9 Ohm resistor. That should take care of the "Service Air Ride" message on the cluster.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've tried that already it didn't take care of it
If that didn't do it, then there is another issue that's triggering the warning message. Do you have access to a scan tool capable of communicating with the system?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Great! What does it say the issue is? What parameters are out of whack?