Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Check engine light is on and low coolant notification. Car

Customer Question

check engine light is on and low coolant notification. Car started to heat for a while before idle engine overheat notification came up. i smell antifreeze and sometimes the car shakes
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Cadillac Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sometimes when i push on the gas i hear what sounds like water boiling
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Cadillac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Ok, first, I do need to know the model and year of your cadillac
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2001 cadillac deville
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
HI, Ok, there is a known issue on this engine where the head bolt threads stretch and back out causing the headgasket to blow and start leaking. This will cause the current symptoms including the engine running rough as coolant is getting into the combustion chamber. A Block test needs to be done at this point to confirm the leaking head gaskets, and when confirmed, replace the head gaskets as well as the cylinder head bolts and the heads will need to be checked for being warped and machined if needed Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.