Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac Escalade: 07 Escalade. Sudden service stabilitrak

Customer Question

07 Escalade. Sudden service stabilitrak light and then traction control light and car shut completely down. Will not start. Only thing my husband had done was put in a bike rack. No check engine light. No ABS light. Any ideas??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The stabiltrack light as well as the traction control lights come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you determine the cause the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have a code reader but it's not throwing ANY codes. It's just dead except for the battery. Going to have to take it to the ship. No other choice.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately if all you have is a code reader which will not read these codes then you are going to need access to a full scan tool.