Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac CTS: well... ive had an issue a few times now in

Customer Question

well...
ive had an issue a few times now in the past couple months.i had to replace throttle actuator/pedal position sensor.
after doing so car ran fine for a few hundred miles then had symptoms again, loss of power to limp mode hard downshift, so replaced again fine for a week then again loss of power and check engine light codes were p2101, p2119 and p0700
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so question part is... do i need to reprogram "computer" to recognize the new pedal is that why im still having symptoms?
and how do i do it?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Have you done any of the diag steps for these codes yet?Do you know what transmission codes are stored, 0700 means there are more codes stored for the transmission.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this morning and after "6 successful non issue warm ups" light is off.
so question was do i still need to program it?
"re learn" "reteach" "reprogram"
lol whatever you wanna call it, to avoid the symptoms from reoccuring?
When you replace a throttle body programming is not needed but hte computer should be reset during the repair by removing both battery cables and hold them together for one minute to reset the PCM. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Omg!!! I feel dumb!
I just needed to clean throttle body!!
Car runs fantastic again!
Thats great news.I assumed when you said you replaced the throttle actuator, a new part was used, not a dirty used one.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Two different things. -__-
I did replace actuator (pedal assembly) with a new one. but never cleaned the throttle body itself so i continued to have weird symptoms with no light on so i had just assumed i needed another. But now i know i was told to clean it back then and had forgot!! So now i opened it and.....yea, that was the problem ! Lol
Sorry I misunderstood. I took throttle actuator as a new throttle body installed not as a accelerator pedal position sensor being installed. That is why I did not mention to check or do anything to the electronic throttle body. Sorry you did not get a chance to use the deposit you made to rate ans answer you could use.