Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I seem to have a short high beam on the passenger side,

Customer Question

I seem to have a short for my high beam on the passenger side, keeps blowing fuses, I think the shader is cooked, is the shader a replaceable part inside the headlight assembly? Or do I have to buy a whole new headlight assembly?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the fuses the drivers side works fine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: Aftermarket ballasts, wireing wasn't done so well, I rewired the questionable areas, but still there is a short somewhere and I think it's the shader inside the light assembly, the car was bought used.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, and model?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris