Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

Cadillac 4dr sedan deville: my 92 Cadillac 4 door deville,slapping

Customer Question

my 92 Cadillac 4 door deville,slapping sound,rough idle,chokes,out,when put into gear,surges while driving,no horse, slow to get going. cums down after driving awhile ,but maintains,high idleand slapping sound?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to help you determine what is failing we are going to need to check a few more things, start first with checking to see if there any fault codes setting in the compute system and post back with any found. It would also be a good idea to check the fuel pressure. Normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 32 to 43 PSI. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I will get back at you with this information ASAP thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Sounds good, post back when you can and we can work from there.