sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Service ride control popped up on dash and it does a weird

Customer Question

Service ride control popped up on dash and it does a weird thing when I'm driving all of a sudden
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2003 escalade
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet but as I researched it advise to check fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: There's nothing else I'm aware of :(
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You'll see this message when the suspension control module sees a problem it thinks will prevent normal system operation. There are many things that can cause the warning ranging from the module itself, wiring, the compressor, the solenoids that control airflow, the air pressure sensor, or a ride height sensor.The first step in diagnosing the issue is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the suspension control module and then testing can be done from there based on the code setting. Do you know what codes are setting?