Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac srx: I have a 2004 SRX with 6 cyl engine. I keep getting

Customer Question

I have a 2004 SRX with 6 cyl engine. I keep getting random miss fire trouble codes for #1 & #4 cylinders. It has all new fuel injectors, ignition coil packs, manifold gaskets (upper & lower) and a new throttle body with upgraded pigtail. The codes have been cleared and idle learn procedure has been completed. It still has rough idle, runs sluggish, and engine light stays on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 11 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist what are the code numbers???did they do a compression test??? Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for the response. no compression test was done. the codes found are: P0300, P0201, P0301, P0204, P0304, P0104
ok, thanks, ***** ***** are for coils for 1 and 4301 304 are miss fires for the same104 is mass air flow300 is random miss fire. I would look at the fuel pressure. make sure it is good. are all these still active after replacing the parts you mentioned?? Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
codes 300,201,301,304 still come up have cleared multiple times but it doesn't take many miles of driving
for them to come back
ok, clearing the does nothing. no need to keep trying the issue is still there. look closely at the wire harness that feeds number 1 and 4 and look for rodent damage. if all that is ok, then back to compression but that wont explain the coil codes. what kind of coils did you use?? Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
autozone duralast
ok, check the wiring
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
could the issue be in ecm. if so how would I check
could it be, yes. but you need a full blown scan tool, not a code reader to monitor live data. you need to take one step at a time before jumping to that. that is an expensive guess Roy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have digital volt meter and have a good understanding on dc voltage where can I find the values on what's coming in and going out on each pin
not that easy and not the correct way to check. to check the coils correctly externally you need an oscilloscope Roy
how are you making out