rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Pearl! I have a 99 Cadillac Escalade 150,000 miles 4 wheel

Customer Question

Hi pearl! I have a 99 Cadillac Escalade 150,000 miles*****, it has always run fine and smoothe with no problems, drove to store and started home approx 1/4 mile down road it just died, no miss or anything, refused to restart.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i have too on social security, lol. Also it has fuel in tank, you can hear fuel pump cycle, and plugs have fire, but tried either ans still no start.
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: All fuses check good with test light
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.We do need to start with checking the actual fuel pressure with a gauge and checking for spark at the plugs.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You bet, thank you too and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok waiting for text and advice
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, what do you mean by text and advice?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never got answer on what to check or do
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
I said to check fuel pressure with a gauge and check for spark at the plugs. I see the reply right here where I said that.Thanks again, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry thought I said already checked spark and fuel pump and also tried either
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You checked the actual pressure? What is it?Ron
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You said you heard the pump running, and that's not checking fuel pressure. Please let's be clear with each other to resolve your issue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's ok let it go I have no gauge thought it should try to start on either, guess not
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Yiou can rent a gauge from any parts store and they will show you how to use it and tell you what the pressure should be. Y=Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me for my time.Ron
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Please understand that an excellent rating should not be taken away from me due to the fact that you may be unable to fulfill my suggestion. You can also take it to a shop to have these tests done as well. Thanks again for doing the right thing.Ron