Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Wow, Pearl. Didn't expect such great service. Yes, I bought

Customer Question

Wow, Pearl. Didn't expect such great service. Yes, I bought my '05 CTS-V new in Jan '05 and have babied it for 73k miles. Yesterday, out of the blue, it gave me a "Service Air Bag" warning on the NAV screen. Is this a simple fix? Thanks!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can do many things on my car, some I can't. If this is just a matter of getting under the passenger seat to replace a portion of a harness, I might be able to do that.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Not really. I've modified with some engine "bolt ons" but the only thing I've done lately is the cabin filter and the air filter. It sat in the garage with a cove on it for the last six and a half months. I've drive it only in good weather.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, when the SRS (supplemental restraint system) warning light comes on, the SRS control module has detected a fault in the SRS system - faulty driver airbag, fault in passenger airbag, fault in knee bolster airbag, fault in side curtain airbag or seat airbag, faulty seat belt tensioner or pre-tensioner, occupancy seat sensor, wiring harness or control module itself. In order to know the area of concern, the SRS system must be scanned for fault codes using a diagnostic scan tool. then once the area of concern is established, pinpoint testing is done and then repair made.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.