Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

Cadilac.. my car md tells me 3 codes failts c 1243,c 1242,c

Customer Question

cadilac.. my car md tells me 3 codes failts c 1243,c 1242,c 1255 what do they mean
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak code like it's their native tongue. They're great at getting to the bottom of things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i need the code meaning
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: just tell me what the codes are plz
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
What is the year, model and engine?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1997 Cadillac Eldorado 4.98 Y
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 8th letter in the vin is y
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
C1243 has to do with the BPMV (brake pressure modulator valve) part of the ABS anti-lock brake system) PUMP MOTOR STALLED.C1242 refers to the BPMV PUMP MOTOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN.C1255 refers to Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module Internal Malfunction (Antilock Brake System/Traction Control System Disabled).They all 3 refer to the ABS.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.