tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs

I have a 2000 Cadi EscaladeJA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2000 Cadi Escalade
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 2000 Cadi Escalade. Steering wheel shakes when hitting bumps at about 30 to 40 mph ?
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just did
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm wanting to know what may be causing this problem ?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have custom 23" rims on my cadi
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
this sounds as if you may have a bad idler arm..that would caus it o shake after hitting a bump
Parts InformationOEM Part #PriceIdler Arm5 - Idler Arm26059030$141.72Contact Dealer for most current part and price informationLabor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandardReplace Conventional TypeWith 2WDB0.40.5Does Not Include: Adjust Toe-In.With 4WDB0.60.8Does Not Include: Adjust Toe-In.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help