Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Cadillac STS: . 2007 CTS ran fine last night. I turned the

Customer Question

Hi. 2007 CTS ran fine last night. I turned the car off and used the ACC setting. I thought I turned off the ACC and as I left the car there was some odd beeping. I locked the car with the fob and everything seemed OK. Two hours later I tried to get into the car and everything electrical was dead. I used the key to enter the key, but nothing worked. No lights, no hazard blinkers, nothing. The rear tail lights were flashing very dimly when I got to the car originally. They went out as I tried to get it started. Did I do something with the theft deterrent system? I'm about to try a jump start, but I'd like more information. Can you help?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This does sound like the battery is very weak or dead here and may be due to the accessory being left on.I would try either a jump start or battery recharge as this should correct this here.Then to be safe after it starts drive it to a local parts store and have them test the battery and alternator to make sure they are o.k. (they will do this free of charge).If found to be o.k. then you should be o.k. from here as long as you turn the ignition or push button start (if equipped) all the way off when exiting the vehicle.If it was all the way off and this occurred here with it stuck in accessory mode then this can be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced as I have seen before. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete