Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2000 escalade that will not start. It was running

Customer Question

I have a 2000 escalade that will not start. It was running when I parked it, but the battery went dead. The vehicle sat for about 4 weeks. The battery was 5 yrs old so I replaced the battery and still will not start. I read on other forums that the anti theft system maybe the culprit. How can I troubleshoot this problem to check the anti theft system? Also, how I can prevent this in the future?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.does the starter turn the engine?does the security light stay on with the key on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The engine does not crank, I can not hear the solenoid engage. The flashing red light, center console by the cup holders, keeps flashing when the key is in the ignition and when I turn the key to try to start the engine.
the starter solenoid clicks?but the engine doesnt turn?