Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Had timing chain the whole kit replaced on 04 Srx now it won't

Customer Question

Had timing chain the whole kit replaced on 04 Srx now it won't start do you know why??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually if this only occurred after the timing was replaced this can indicates something was knocked loose or damaged during the repairs and the work area for the timing replacement needs checked for any damaged or loose components or there was an issue with the way the timing chain or timing components were installed and the vehicle may not have been timed or chain installed correctly.All of these need checked into further here to locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this further. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete