rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Replaced batter y, replaced alternator and car is still dying JA:

Customer Question

replaced batter
y, replaced alternator and car is still dying
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car dies almost immed
iately after starting it
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, especially if it is a fuse
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the battery and the alternator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: it has had a lot of other repairs but the are unrelated to the dying issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. You need to check the fuel pressure with a gauge and also check for spark at the plugs. One of these two things is not good.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, thank you. I am thinking it is actually the fuel pump.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You're welcome, thank you too, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron