Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Brake lights and crusie control not working

Customer Question

brake lights and crusie control not working
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
sounds to me you brake switch is inoperative. it is up by the brake pedal. if it is not working properly the cruise will not be allowed to engage.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I replaced brake switch still not working
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
You have to have the Brake Switch / Peddle Position Switch Calibrated via GM Scan Tool after replacingAt the same time, Cruise Control Settings need to be checked via GM Scan Tool, as the Cruise Control is "fully electronic" & Programming is needed when the Brake Switch / Peddle Position Switch is replacedapprx 1 hour labor..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
did you need more information?please respond or ratethank you