Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac SRX: 2012 srx,drivers window starts to open on its

Customer Question

2012 srx,drivers window starts to open on its own.removed switch,still opened on its own.hooked up switch,closed window.held switch in up position,still dropped on its own.30 days out of warranty.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
Lets see if you can try the following and get the window to reset:Ignition ON.Starting with the window completely UP, press and hold the power window switch until the window is fully open and continue holding the switch down for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely open.Pull the power window switch up until the window is fully closed and continue holding the switch up for approximately 5 seconds after the window is completely closed.The window should now be normalized and the window should perform the up and down functions normally unless there is a short somewhere in the wiring.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did not work
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.
I never received a response so I thought you had given up. When you attempted to rest the limiter what did it end up doing?