Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My 2011 srx is stating no remote detected with both

Customer Question

Hello. My 2011 srx is stating no remote detected with both key fibs present . We can't start the car . Can you assist?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Cadillac Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Can you offer assistance so I can start my car? We are straineded on the side of the road
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes key fob not recognized and car won't stary Start
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No need advice to start car with key fob not detectd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Unfortunately there is not likely an easy solution to this type of problem and in order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Remote%20testing%20May%202.pdf