Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Hey.. While driving everything is fine. Then suddenly the car

Customer Question

Hey.. While driving everything is fine. Then suddenly the car gives the lock sign and get out of electricity for like 30 seconds and then catches speed again on its own.. All this happens while driving on speed.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: On speed the car gives the lock sign and gets out of electricity for like 30 seconds and catches up again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope or atleast want to know whats the error
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: Nothing much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern but I see you have been waiting a long time. I am sorry for that. Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes I do
Can I get the year make model?When this happens, nothing electric on the vehicle works and the engine is not running?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model 2003..Everything stops but since its on a high speed the car is still moving and the after like 30 seconds everything is working back..
Your vehicle is a 2003 _________ what?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
CTS
Since the car loses all electrical, nothing electrical has power for 30 seconds. That rules out the ignition switch to blame. The only thing which can cause a car to have nothing powered, but be intermittent would be the under hood fuse box internally faulty. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So how can i solve this issue.. Do u think it might be the controller
Based on what you have told me, I believe a replacement fuse box is needed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The whole fuse box.. Or some fuses inside
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Again i will repeat what goes on.I am driving at a speed of 100km/hr.. The car sometimes cuts electricity while on a high speed and then after 30 seconds it gets back to normal and the speed is the same. This doesn't happen frequently.
I have posted what I believe to be wrong. I will opt out and see if anyone else has another opinion. Best of luck.