Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

I charged my battery to have it run, shortly it started up

Customer Question

I charged my battery to have it run, shortly it started up great. The next morning I went to start it and the battery was completely dead again
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Cadillac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I think it may be the altinator , some say it van just be the bulb but idk. How can I check it efficiently
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hahahahaha just charging the battery. My first time ever under car was about a week ago changing the fuel pump. I'm pretty quick at learning I just need some guidance on where to start. Let's just say I'm unsure where it is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
Hi im kevin you will need a voltmeter .you need to charge the battery then start car and put negative lead on negative terminal and positive on positive and the voltage at idle should be between 13-14volts if alternator is charging correctly
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 months ago.
Please rate my service if no further assistance is required