Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My sunroof shade isnot moving ,I hear the motor running JA:

Customer Question

my sunroof shade isnot moving ,I hear the motor running
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: MY ROOF SHADE ISNT WORKING
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: PUSHING BUTTON,PULLING CLOSE
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Most likely the motor gear has stripped or the gear on the track for the shade is stripped or broken.I have seen this occur before in the past needing replaced.Unfortunately from here it is difficult to pinpoint for sure which is the cause and most likely the head liner will need removed to inspect the gears and tracks for any issues then determined from there if it can be repaired or if replacement of any components is needed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete