Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I have a 2006 cad esc and there is a clothe like covering on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 cad esc and there is a clothe like covering on the rear struts that is completely deteriorated. It makes a sound like I am running over something when I drive on the freeway
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is gone on both rear wheels but it looks like it is falling off of the rear driver wheel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it safe to drive?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,As long as the suspension has not dropped any indicating a leak and it is not wrapped around the axle or getting around the wheel and brakes it is safe to drive.That is an indication that the rear air suspension struts are getting close to failure and may start leaking in the next couple of months, so this does need to be addressed by replacing them in the near future.I would at least get up underneath there and make sure that it is not interfering with the wheels or brakes or have a shop do this tomorrow if possible Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating