Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

My fuel center and climate control stops working intermittently

Customer Question

my fuel center and climate control stops working intermittently and the lights go out. It is a 1992 cad deville. I checked the fuse #7 but don't know where the relay is to check next. Bill
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: All the other lights work on the dash but not in the digital area. Sometimes the digital lights come on but mostly not lately.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only checked fuse #7. Per the chat by eric 4 yrs ago to someone else, I need to check the relay next. Where is it?
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: The AC compressor quit working suddenly some time ago but I think that is for another chat. Everything else works fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.The Fuel Pump Relay is located in Position "H" of the Relay Center Behind the Right Hand Side Of I/PClick Attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The fuel pump relay affects the digital dash lights? The car drives fine. Would it not run if the fuel pump relay is not working? Ok, how do I check the relay to see if it is the problem?
Very sorry.........Been a long day, as I did misread the problemWhat is the URL for the Repair by Eric, so I can pinpoint the Relaythanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.