Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Cadillac Escalade ESV: I have a 2008 Escalade ESV, with a service

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Escalade ESV, with a service suspension system light and now a service StabilTrak and a flashing engine light, running rough, will go off when touching the DIC centre button.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1GYFK63808R252325
You will need to get your vehicle scanned for codes in several systems. The engine computer(ECM), Antilock Brake System(ABS) and the suspension module. It might be one problem causing all the lights to come on or it could be several. When the Check Engine light comes on for certain driveability issues, it will disable the Stabilitrak system. The flashing light is due to an engine misfire, usually a bad spark plug, coil or wire. Sometimes it could be caused by an internal problem, which would require further diagnosis.After you have the system scanned and the codes written down, have them erased to see which ones reappear. Then you will be able to proceed further. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****