Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Cadillac srx: I have a 2004 cadillac srx v6 awd. The engine

Customer Question

I have a 2004 cadillac srx v6 awd. The engine had a rod knock, so I sourced a replacement engine from another srx awd, but I believe it was an 07. I have completed the swap, but now the engine cranks but will not fire. I am not getting any trouble codes. During the swap, I did have to take the upper intake from the old motor and put on the new one. Also I had to swap the CKP sensor from old motor to new as it was a different plug. I have fuel pressure at the rail, it smells of fuel after a couple attempts of starting. I did pull a coil off a plug and put another plug into it But got very slow bright orange spark while the engine cranked at "normal" speed. I have a couple thoughts in mind, but do not want to just throw parts at it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry for the long delay. I do not know why someone else did not assist earlier. I have worked down the list and here I am now. Do you still need help?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris