Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cannot insert the key into the ignition of 2000 Cadillac devilleJA:

Customer Question

cannot insert the key into the ignition of 2000 Cadillac deville
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: have tried turning the steering wheel have checked the security system done all the steps suggested in the owners manual nothing works
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked security system-turned off unlocked doors turned steering wheel as far as I could non of this helps
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is the key itself not inserting into the ignition cylinder or is it inserting but not turning the cylinder? Let me know so we can continue from here,thanks Pete.