Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Cadillac Dts: 2005 DTS trunk pull-down motor access.

Customer Question

2005 DTS trunk pull-down motor access.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is anybody working on my question?
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 10 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1g6kg579X5u162925
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you need any other info?
I am not showing a trunk pull-down motor.What is the problem you are having?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The trunk will close but the little motor that pulls down the trunk lid is like really loose and won't pull the trunk lid down securely. I have to slam the trunk lid to have it catch. I used to be able to just have them touch and it would pull the lid down all the way.
Let me check further. Can you upload a picture of the area in the trunk?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get the picture of the part?
Got the pictures
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's more like a latch connect to a motor.
GM Service Information shows no pull down motor.Attached is Luggage Compartment Description and Operation, Rear Compartment Lid Latch Striker Replacement and Rear Compartment Lid Latch Replacement. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So what you're saying is I have to take the bumper off?
To replace the striker, but it doesn't show a Pull Down motor.
The problem could be with the latch not locking properly.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see what you're saying.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****