rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Cadillac Eldorado: ThEric code reader says cam shaft sensor.

Customer Question

ThEric code reader says cam shaft sensor. Changed the sensor but still showing code?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.When a code sets, it doesn't always mean that the associated part is bad, it means that that circuit needs attention. It could be a bad sensor, wiring issue, computer or flash update.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It says cam shaft circuit
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Right, that means to check everything in that circuit, not replace the sensor.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need to use me again later on.Ron