Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

Cruise control will not engage at high speeds and is intermitted

Customer Question

cruise control will not engage at high speeds and is intermitted at low speeds
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have 2007 Escalade EXT that the cruise control will not engage at speed over 45 mph.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, with help
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to understand the symptoms by searching the internet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: not at this moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Factory Cruise Control is fully "Electronic"....there are NO Moving PartsThe BCM (body control module) relays the cruise control switch status to the engine control module (ECM) via the GMLAN serial data circuit. The ECM uses the status of the cruise control switch to determine when to capture and maintain the vehicle speed. The ECM monitors the vehicle speed signal circuit in order to determine the desired vehicle speed. The ECM uses the throttle actuator control (TAC) motor in order to maintain the vehicle speed.The only testing is thru use of GM Dealer Scan Tool, as there is no Customer InputIt is all DATAApprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
did you need more info?please rate or respond