Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2006 Caddilac DTS wont shift out of park when engine is

Customer Question

my 2006 Caddilac DTS wont shift out of park when engine is running and warm - like waiting at drive thru at bank - have to shut engine off for approx 20 seconds and restart then it shifts into gear. Afraid this solution wont work much longer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Only if it is simple and does not involve dismantling consoles or transmissions.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: I bought it 3 years ago with a salvage title from a friend who runs a used car lot. Check engine light is on for a long time but mechanic says all aspects are good on the sensor.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Sorry no
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Cadillac Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry for the ling delay, its been a beautiful weekend and many took days off I guess. I just got to your post working down the list. I believe I can help if you are still in need of help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The Caddy is in the shop at my neighborhood garage. They have removed the console and ordered a new console shifting assembly from GM as there is defective solenoid. Should be ready by noon Tuesday.
Glad your getting it resolved. If you find you do need my help, please do let me know.