Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I have a 2011 SRX and just had to change the fuel pump and

Customer Question

I have a 2011 SRX and just had to change the fuel pump and battery now it won't start. It been three weeks trying to get is started.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Cadillac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car turns on but then shut off after 5 seconds.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It at the repair shop, but they can't figure it out, so i'm just looking for answers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: just need the car to start and run
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, this sounds like a security/immobilizer issue. If the theft system disabled or anti theft/security light is staying on, then we need to do the learn procedure, and I will need to know if yours is ignition key or push button start. If the light is blinking, there is a hard fault and the shop needs a Tech2 scan tool to diagnose the fault
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a push button start.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Ok, this is the learn procedure that needs to be done: 1. Press the START button.2. Observe the Security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes the indicator will turn off.3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes. Important: The vehicle learns the password ***** the transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.5. Start the vehicle. The module being programmed has now learned the RCDLR password. If it still doesnt start, then there is a failure in the immobilizer circuit - faulty antitheft control module, antenna ring or push button start switch and a Tech2 scan tool is needed to diagnose which has failed Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks