Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Cadillac: I bought yesterday a 95 SLS. Owner said he changed

Customer Question

I bought yesterday a 95 SLS. Owner said he changed the heater blower motor and still it won't work. I think it might be a relay. But I see it could just as likely be the control mod or resistor. What would you tell me to check first?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Test for power at the red wire at the blower motor with the key on or off.You should have near or at 12 volts DC.If this is o.k test for a ground signal at the other wire connected to the blower with the engine running and blower set on high speed.If you have no ground signal this indicates the heater and ac programmer is most likely not sending a signal to ground the blower for operation.I have seen this fail before several times in the past needing replaced.This is located under the dash on the passenger side as shown here. can replace it used from a junk yard as it may not be available new anymore for around $100 in some cases cheaper.One place I use for used parts is If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete