Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

And I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS and the displays

Customer Question

***** ***** and I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS and the displays says engine too hot/AV shut off and there is something wrong with my acceleration when I drive. It makes a clunking sound, car starts to shake and it won't allow me to increase speed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the engine is hot/AV off displays made the temp gauge not function. It stays at the bottom and doesn't even move. Also the fan is constantly running now. I read something that I may jus need to add coolant.. The other issue is what worries me. May be transmission or something. It won't allow me to accelerate passed 45 mph. Then if I press the gas too hard the car shakes and I hear a clunking sound coming from the engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Correction it states engine too hot/ac turned off. Also I can drive past 45 mph but my car doesn't have the same power or torque when I take off. It's like when I start to pick up speed the car doesn't want to shift gears and I have a automatic.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, it has gone into reduced power mode due to a problem detected. You need to check coolant level and top off if needed. If ok, the computer will need to be scanned for fault codes, as it could be transmission control related, throttle body related, or even a bad coolant temperature sensor