Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Pearl - Thank you with me. I have a 2007

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - Thank you for communicating with me. I have a 2007 SRX and every time I put gas in the tank it is very difficult to start the car. What are your thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's really simple. When I put gas in the car, whether 20 dollars worth or a fill up it is difficult to start the car. After the initial start it runs fine, but we are always wondering if this will be the time when it won't start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's not a real complex fix I would like to fix it myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: No everything else is just fine. The car has about 140k miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad cannister vent valve in the cannister assembly, when filling with gas, it is not suppose to allow fuel into the cannister, and when it does, it basically floods it out on the first start after filling, once it is stated, does run fine until you fill it again?