Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I recently purchased a 2013 SRX, which I really like. The

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 2013 SRX, which I really like. The issue I have is that the key fob remote batteries have a very short life, only 2-4 weeks. This happens whether in use or not (the spare fob hangs in the house about 30 feet from the car. Both batteries die very prematurely. Replacing the battery solves the problem and everything returns to normal operation. Any thoughts? Gary
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question What brand batteries are you using? Have you checked the remotes to make sure no keys on it are sticking down partly and thus draining the batteries?And I need the last 8 of the vin to check for any related service bulletins.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used multiple brands of batteries in the remotes, including Duracell. None of the keys are sticking, which would be unlikely as two different remotes are experiencing this issue. Last 8 numbers of the VIN "DS549250"
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, no service bulletins out on this. Any issue with the alarm going off for no reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has gone off a few times for unknow reasons/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not necessarily gone off between the times when the remote fob batteries died. It has not done that for a while and I attributed it to my unfamiliarity with the caqr.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, have to say I am a bit stumped at this point and will opt out and see if another expert knows the problem
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
As yet no other mechanic has stepped in to answer. At this point I must say I consider JustAnswer to be a ripoff!! $24 for nothing helpful. Gary