Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

I have a Cadillac Escalade 2007. And my key alarm isn't working

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac Escalade 2007. And my key alarm isn't working therefore I cannot start my car. I tried changing the battery to the alarm and still doesn't work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My key alarm isn't working. Therefore I cannot start my car. Is there a way to get my car to start even though the alarm isn't working and my car is overall shut off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If the alarm system is active and can not read the keys , Try performing the key relearn procedure. I have enclosed it in the link below. Follow it to the letter and see if it will help you get this resolved. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.