Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics

My brake lights were on all night Saturday night. Someone

Customer Question

Hi, my brake lights were on all night Saturday night. Someone told me there is a sensor behind the brake pedal? It completely fried my battery
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
May I have the year and model of your Cadillac?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2011 SRX
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Great, thanks!Ok. If the brake lights were stuck on, it does sound like the problem will be the Brake Light Switch. It's located at the top of the brake pedal arm under the driver's side dash. To gain access, the driver's side lower insulator panel will first need to be removed. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the switch mount and contact points for any broken or misaligned parts. If the visual inspection checks ok, sounds like the switch is going to need to be replaced. Unplug the electrical connector and remove the mounting bolt to remove. For an image location view, click here: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. Customer ratings help other customers find the better (or worse) Experts! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.