Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I just had the actuator in my 2009 STS replaced and the Service

Customer Question

I just had the actuator in my 2009 STS replaced and the Service Steering System light went on again. What should i do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: While driving two weeks ago my Service Steering System light went on and the steering became hard. After two days of diagnostic testing, i was told it was the actuator so it was replaced, Today the light went on again so something is still obviously worn.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no. i have to go to a mechanic
JA: OK! The Cadillac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Cadillac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: np
JA: What else should I tell the Cadillac Mechanic?
Customer: The original repair cost me $800.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, I need the fault code that was coming up that made them decide the actuator was bad as well as the vin number to pull up testing procedures and schematics. This may be a wiring harness issue or even the steering control module