Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Cadillac Deville DTS: BigBob, I have 2003 Cadillac DTS,

Customer Question

BigBob,
I have 2003 Cadillac DTS, Owned since it was new. I had a leaking oil pan gasket and replace it. Now i have have a engine code on ABS, Traction Control and Brake Light. I have reset the computer but they still are on. I ran a diagnostic with Mr. Good Wrench and at a local part house and nothing shows up.
The replacement of the oil pan gasket was tough.
Do you think this could be a ECM problem?
Our local Cadillac dealer always wants a my first born when I take it in, so I always fix it my self.
It is a hard problem to solve and I do not want my wife driving around on hard codes - it scares me.
Thanks,
Al
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hi BigBob!My name is ***** ***** description it does sound that your ABS control module has detected a problem and set a trouble code together with bringing warning lights ON.It could be something as simple a speed sensor or something was left unplugged after oil pan gasket job done.In any case, there must be a trouble code set and it should be read out with an appropriate scan tool that can establish communication to ABS module.IT is quite likely that your local part store has a cheap code reader that can only retrieve trouble codes out of the engine computer. If this is the case, then you will need to find another scanner that can talk to your ABS system that is actually different computer to ECM.If you can tell me the code number, I will be able to give you more information about all possible reasons.