sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS and my

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS and my number 3 cool keep blowing my odd coil/injector fuse. What is the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When it blow the fuse numbers 1,3 and 5 coil and fuel injectors don't get fire and it start misfiring real bad
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If you've isolated the issue to an individual coil causing the issue then most likely that coil has failed or it's driver circuit is shorted. If a coil driver circuit shorts to ground either in the wiring harness or internally in the engine controller it could cause the fuse to blow.How did you isolate the issue to number 3?