Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2007 DTS. Replaced the battery about 7 months ago

Customer Question

I have a 2007 DTS. Replaced the battery about 7 months ago Today I took the car to get the windows tinted and Im going to take a wild guess and say the doors were left open fit quite some time Any how I go to pick the car up and it starts fine. I drive back to work and let it sit before being asked to move it by the cleaning crew No start. I try to jump it under the hood. No start Tow truck gets there and he pulls out his jump box. No crank. It won't even turn over. My poor car has the flu. I'm wondering what all can I check before replacing the starter. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All the lights come on. The dash gauges do their thing as normal how ever the starter never kicks in When I turn the key the gauges just dance as they normally do but the engine never turns over.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist with your question. When you try to start the vehicle do the lights, radio, door chimer come on? I know you said the gauges do, but does anything else? Also, is there any noise when you turn the key, like a click? Finally, how many miles are on the car?